If you are a member of one of the affiliate organisations and wish to volunteer, please complete this form, then scan it (or take a photo of the form pages) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not affiliated with an organisation but wish to volunteer, please register with volunteerclare.ie and drop us an email on email@example.com
Response Co-ordinators from Clare County Council and the West Coast COVID-19 Meitheal will deal with all initial queries from members of the public. The Meitheal Volunteer Co-ordinators will be responsible for screening volunteers, allocating volunteers to specific roles, checking in with volunteers and managing communications.
We seek your assistance in volunteering for any of the following roles:
1. Dispatchers – Responsible for delivery of goods, prescriptions, etc.,
2. Telephone Support- Responsible for contacting people in isolation, providing a listening ear, providing information and forwarding queries to other relevant supports or agencies.
One of the Meitheal Volunteer Co-ordinators will ensure that the volunteer fully understands the role they are undertaking, that they are familiar with volunteer guidelines and protocols, and all necessary agreements are in place to manage and safeguard the health and wellbeing of the volunteer.
Volunteers like any member of the public are more at risk of serious illness of contracting the coronavirus. If you are in any of the following categories, please inform the Meitheal:
• 60 years of age and over
• have a long-term medical condition – for example, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes,
cancer or high blood pressure
• have a weak immune system (immunosuppressed)
There are many things that can cause a weak immune system (immunosuppressed). These include:
• cancer treatment
• treatment for autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis (MS) and inflammatory bowel diseases
• having an organ transplant or a bone-marrow transplant
If an existing or potential volunteer falls into any of the above categories, they may still be able to volunteer as a Telephone Support Volunteer, yet the risk must be identified and managed accordingly.